What are the Benefits of Body Sugar Paste to Pros?
Benefits of Body Sugaring to the Pros
There are so many reasons why I celebrate body sugar as a great skincare tool in my esthetics practice. There are so many reasons why we love body sugaring for our clients, but I wanted to take a moment to praise the sugar for my business.
- Never fear of burning the client. I NEVER fear burning my clients because the sugar is only warmed to room temperature in order to use. IF by accident the sugar has been bumped up to a temp that is too high, the sugar will turn to liquid and I will not be able to use it….warning me before I actually apply it to the clients skin. Too often clients who get waxed, have a tech who has dipped her stick into a hot wax pot and doesn’t check the temp…resulting in burned skin. My heart hurts for those scars I see on the labia of clients who fear wax to ever touch them again. In fact, I encourage new clients to put their hand ON my sugar warmer to relieve their fears.
- Sweeter setup and cleanup. Setup is a breeze. My sugar is always ready for me when I arrive in the morning because it doesnt need to be heated to a high temp and melted. Prep products are ready (and I only use a cleanser and powder at most). A SugarMat, pillow for their head, and a towel for under their buns and I am ready for a full brazilian. Cleanup is a snap. Just fold the glove off your hand with your sugar ball in your fingertips. Place that glove into your other hand and roll the second glove off. I used to throw away sticks and strips into the trash which meant I was emptying the garbage every day…now I only empty my small garbage can every few days.
- Sugaring won’t tear live skin cells. Sugaring will only take away dead skin cells, which leads to a smooth exfoliated finish. If the client’s skin isn’t already over-exfoliated from overuse of glycolics or Retin-A, the practitioner will not have to worry about the sugar accidentally removing skin. Less discomfort and a safer experience for the client is the end result, which makes the client definitely want to rebook within 4-5 weeks.
- Perfect for all parts. Sugar paste is safe to use on all parts of the body that you can use wax on. Back of the neck, noses, and big toes love to be smooth too ya know!
- Clients keep the Smooth in their budgets! As the years roll on as an esthetician, (14 already dang time flies when you are having fun!) I realized that after the recession people just aren’t getting facials with the frequency they used to. With hair removal, I can count on my books having monthly clients who faithfully prebook because they wouldn’t dare cancel on getting their parts smooth! You MUST provide a variety of choices for your clients to give them reasons to get on your books for next month, to make sure you have an income you can rely on!
- Happy Clients! The #1 reason we sugar…our clients. I often get the response “That didn’t hurt as much as when I get waxed, and I’ve been waxing for years!” or “Wait, I’m not in any pain…that’s awesome!